We're much happier when we get out of the house every day. I try to plan a good mix of fun and have-tos. Here is our schedule of activities outside the house:
- Monday: Library.
- Tuesday: Take a walk in the morning. Piano lessons. Ballet for Tiger Lily.
- Wednesday: Adventure day! The kids choose a fun activity, and they are excused from some of their regular tasks.
- Thursday: Grocery store day. The kids get to choose something fun to eat for lunch.
- Friday: Visit a park. French horn lessons for Red Chief (and the younger two get to tag along and run up and down the stairs in the music building, which they find surprisingly exciting).
- Saturday: I can't schedule Saturdays. They always happen differently.
- Sunday: Church.
We actually stick to this schedule pretty closely, although it's always subject to change if something out of the ordinary happens.