6/23/17

Recently tried recipes

 

I've fallen behind on sharing recipes we've tried. Time to catch up!
  • Cucumber tomato salad. Really good, but we all agreed that it would be just as good without the dressing.
  • The best fruit salad. It was really good!
  • Homemade crunchwrap supreme. I made this recipe vegan by subbing avocado for sour cream, taco quinoa for meat, refried beans for cheese. My family loves them and we've already made them twice! They are a lot of work though.
  • Potato leek vegan quiche. This turned out pretty well. I used canned artichoke hearts instead of leeks (I would try it with onions or leeks next time). I also made it crustless, since it saved time, and since pie crust isn't that great for you anyway.
  • Cajun tofu with creamy grits and greens. We liked this but the kids complained so much about it that I don't know if I'll bother making it again. But I like that it was something different.
  • Spicy sweet potato wedges. We all liked these; I left out the oil. My kids think they hate sweet potatoes but when I cut them up like fries and roast them, they think they're great.
  • Ukrainian borscht. Not a huge hit, but we enjoyed it well enough. I would like to make it again. I left out the sausage and sour cream, and used a can of beets instead of cooking my own.
  • Roasted garden veggies. Yummy!
  • Curly pasta salad. We like this, but I change it up with different veggies (cherry tomatoes, peppers, and spinach), and leave out the soy sauce.
  • Grilled zucchini hummus wrap. Yummy, but too much work. Maybe I'd make it again if we happened to have leftover roasted veggies and hummus. 
  • Baked barbecue tofu. One of our family favorites.
  • Grilled ratatouille pasta salad. I thought this would be amazing, but it turned out pretty meh.
  • Vegan broccoli salad with raisins. I loved this! 

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of neat and different recipes. I am in a rut and I never step out and cook different things. Love it.

    ReplyDelete