4/25/17

Those vacation photos I was going to share . . .


Over spring vacation, we enjoyed some time at three national parks in southern Utah. It was a long drive, but worth it.


First up was Arches National Park.


There were lots of opportunities for climbing around on rocks, which were appreciated by all.


Pip wanted to do all the hikes all by himself. My saint of a husband stayed with him all the way while I tried to keep up with the big kids.


Red Chief and I took a special hike by ourselves to see Delicate Arch. Here he is underneath.


Beauty, near and far.


Next up: Canyonlands. Is this picture even from Canyonlands? I'm not sure. But I will tell you that the drive into the park was some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen.


Newspaper Rock.


My husband and me looking at Newspaper Rock. And Pip looking adorable as usual.


A one-room schoolhouse in Capitol Reef National Park. Not only is this national park full of natural beauty, but it was also the site of a Mormon pioneer settlement. The orchards they planted are still maintained by volunteers.

2 comments:

  1. OH how beautiful. I love the National Parks. My husband retired 5 yrs ago, with the National Park Service , here in Mississippi [Tupelo Natchez Trace Parkway]. Beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We drove through Utah on a long road trip when I was 13. It was beautiful, especially SLC.

    ReplyDelete