2/15/17

Sewing together


On Saturday I helped with an Eagle Scout project, helping make quilts for children. It was fun to work with a big group of people, getting quilts done much faster than any of us could do on our own. I was blessed to learn some tips from a woman much more experienced than myself. She showed me how she binds the quilts, and gave me many tips on making up for inconsistencies in the quilt tops.

Tiger Lily came along, sewing some squares together, helping lay out squares for tops, washing the lunch dishes, and exploring the church building with friends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious what she said about the inconsistencie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She taught me to take in the extra or rearrange to make the rows of squares match up, and how to adjust the binding to cover the crooked sides.

      Delete