12/30/16

A year in books


It's been a good reading year for me! I read several classics for the first time that are on my lifetime reading list.
  • Pamela by Samuel Richardson
  • Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
  • Beowulf
  • The Song of the Lark by Willa Cather
  • A Room with a View by E.M. Forster
  • The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
  • The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
  • Carmen by Prosper Mérimée
  • Stalky & Co. by Rudyard Kipling

Here are several picture and board books that I especially enjoyed reading with my children.
  • Stina by Lani Yamamoto
  • I Am the Wolf . . . and Here I Come! by Bénédicte Guettier
  • Peek-a-Who? by Nina Laden
  • No Two Alike by Keith Baker
  • Hungry Henry by Marla Osborn
  • Hedgie Blasts Off! by Jan Brett
  • Out of the Ashes: from Tabernacle to Temple by Judy Fletcher Davis
  • Whiteblack the Penguin Sees the World by Margret Rey
  • A Fairy Friend by Sue Fliess
  • Rhymoceros by Janik Coat

I read some books on plant-based eating.
  • How Not to Die by Michael Greger
  • Diet for a Small Planet by Frances Moore Lappé
  • The Campbell Plan by Thomas M. Campbell 
  • Forks Over Knives Families by Alona Pulde and Matthew Lederman

Finally, here are some other books I read that I especially enjoyed.
  • Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome
  • The Little White Horse by Elizabeth Goudge
  • The Young Visiters, or Mr. Salteena’s Plan by Daisy Ashford
  • The Naming (series) by Alison Croggon
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
  • The Verse-Book of a Homely Woman by Fay Inchfawn
  • Four-Party Line by Dorothy Gilman Butters
  • The Cinder Pond by Carroll Watson Rankin
  • The Book of Dragons by E. Nesbit
  • The Various (trilogy) by Steve Augard
  • Ella of All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor
  • The Good Master and The Singing Tree by Kate Seredy
  • The Midwife’s Apprentice by Karen Cushman

And, last but not least, I read all four books of LDS scripture through this year: Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment