Feeling uninspired to blog lately, but life is still good. Recent happenings:
- Amazing orchestra concert for me! Sometimes I don't feel like going to rehearsal, but I'm always glad afterward—and even more so after a successful concert like this weekend's.
- An excellent piano recital for Red Chief and Tiger Lily. They work hard and do well in piano, and we're blessed with a good teacher just around the corner.
- Last week's menu from Vegan Richa was yummy. This week we're having lots of Italian food: pizza, lasagna, puttanesca. I don't usually do themed menus, but it keeps happening. Okay.
- I am officially on a fantasy reading kick right now. Started off with an old favorite by Robin McKinley, and now I'm trying Gail Carriger for the first time. I need the escape right now.
- A doctor's visit for Pip to try to figure out his eczema. We didn't make any more progress toward finding the cause, but the (new) doctor did give us a prescription cream that's much better than his old one (which didn't work at all), so that's something.
- Lots of Family Search Indexing. Our ward is having a contest between the ladies and gentlemen, and my husband and I are enjoying the extra motivation to index. We both have our pet projects that we've gotten pretty good at (him: obituaries; me: an 1876 French census).
- With my husband, collecting and compiling material for his father's 60th birthday to get started on his life history. At 100 pages, I'd say it's a pretty good start! I did some editing and layout, which felt good: it's what I went to college for, and it's a skill set I use less and less as the years pass (it's been 13 years since I finished college!).