11/28/16

A day to tidy


Thanksgiving was a nice break. The kids had the week off school, and my husband had a long weekend. The kids (and I) adored having their aunt here, and after a busy few days preparing for Thanksgiving, we slowed way down and were downright lazy afterward.

Today was a good day to pick up and put away the clutter that had accumulated in our living areas (while listening to Verdi's Requiem, because I needed something epic on in the background). Then I scrubbed the counters and kitchen sink, and just to put the icing on the cake, cleaned out the silverware drawer and threw the measuring cup bin and the fruit bowls in the dishwasher.

For me the definition of a good break is that I have a good time, but it is enough of a change that I enjoy getting back to life after it's over.

3 comments:

  1. Totally agree... Getting the house back in order..really makes me feel better after ALL the fun of holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. It's so wonderful to read> I love simplicity. And that's my life as well. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete