10/17/16

A bookish trip


Last week I went on a trip all by myself to San Francisco. I flew there (easy), then I took the subway and walked to my hotel (less easy, but I did it, hooray!).


That night I passed a bookshop as I was walking to dinner and of course had to go in. I loved looking at the antique books, but they were a bit out of my price range in the three digits.


I had Indonesian food the first night. I researched restaurants before I left so I had some ideas where I could get some vegetables.


I took a picture of this valet parking lot to send to Red Chief. All the spots are filled, and so is all the other space! Even thinking of getting those cars out makes me feel stressed. I'm glad I wasn't driving on this trip.


The view out my hotel window.


I ended up at the Goodreads office, which was the reason for my trip. I spent a whole day there at their Power User Summit, giving feedback about the site and getting a few sneak peeks. Everyone there was incredibly kind and hospitable, and I loved meeting some fellow users from the site. What could be better than talking about books all day? I'm so glad I had the chance to go, although I'm still pretty baffled as to why they picked me to come.


I had a few minutes to stop at Britex Fabrics before heading back home. Four floors of fabrics and notions! Why yes, I did buy a few things.

Thank you to Goodreads for bringing me to San Francisco, and thank you so much to my husband who made it possible for me to go (I love being a stay-at-home mom, but it does make it hard to get away sometimes!).

3 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you! I went to San Fran when I was 12. I'll bet it's a lot different now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you.. What a lovely trip.. I too would hate to know, i had to move those cars..ha Driving would be terrible.
    I would love to visit the fabric store, how fun.. Anxious to see what you brought home with you, and what you will make.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete