6/10/16

Recently tried recipes



Avgolemono soup. Simple and yummy. I doubled the veggies. It seemed too lemony at first, but I got used to it after just one bite. Baby loved it too!

No-knead mini artisan loaves. Too good to be allowed.

Hot chocolate. I left out the chocolate chips and used 2T powdered sugar in place of the agave. Very nice with almond milk, and so easy.

Quinoa chili verde. Yum! I left out the butter and water-sautéed the onion, then added 1 teaspoon cumin. I used the option for only 2 cans of beans and more quinoa. I also used green enchilada sauce instead of salsa verde because that's what I had on hand. Loved it and will make again!

Raw apple crumble. This was surprisingly fast to make and it was very good. I made a half batch and it would have served four generously as a dessert—but my apples were big.

1 comment:

  1. Remember when you gave me that chicken broth recipe and advised to put the extra chicken in freezing bags? That's how I do avgolemono. I cook the rice separately. Then I sautée onions separately with dill and/or basil. Then I combine it all together and let it simmer. I don't add the egg and lemon juice until the heat turns off.

    ReplyDelete