6/27/16

Books Baby loves


Ten Little Babies and Babies by Gyo Fujikawa. Baby has spent hours examining the illustrations in Ten Little Babies, which is pretty impressive for a 20-month-old. He liked it so much I bought him a copy when the library wanted theirs back. I suspect he will like anything by Gyo Fujikawa and we need to find more of her books at the library.


My Daddy by Guido Van Genechten. This is a library find that Baby adores, because he adores his daddy. 



My Good Morning Book and My Goodnight Book by Eloise Wilkin. Baby adores the pictures of children in Eloise Wilkin's illustrations. I adore the illustrations myself; her details of home life are realistic and beautiful. Baby spends much time looking at these books, and he takes them to bed with him, his highest honor.


10 Little Rubber Ducks by Eric Carle. Baby loves ducks and the color yellow; therefore Baby loves this book. The text is a bit too long in places but we just abridge when we read it out loud.

I Love Trucks by Philemon Sturges is another of Baby's favorite books, and another that I bought when the library wanted their copy back. I like the simplicity of both text and illustration; it is a perfect book for a baby-turning-little-boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment