8/17/15

August


  • Week five of swimming lessons, here we come! Much progress has been made.
  • Ten pounds of eggplant from the garden.
  • Practicing the new schedule for back-to-school. I will be attempting to get up at 6:30 every morning. I am not a morning person.
  • I keep thinking the back-to-school shopping is done, then one more thing comes up. Will it ever end? I am so over shopping right now.
  • Very tall stalks, very small sunflowers. They make me laugh.
  • Family history research. Enjoying the name Violette Constance that I unearthed a few days ago.
  • Dire consequences have been threatened for wet towels and swimsuits left around the house this week. 
  • Finished listening to all the Roald Dahl audiobooks, so we've moved on to The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate. 
  • Having a hard time finding a good fiction book to settle in to at the moment. 
  • The air is smoky from wildfires. I'm excited for that to be done.

3 comments:

  1. i LOVED The Evolution of Calpurina Tate. Alas, none of my daughters has yet to appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the death certificate of my great uncle who also had the same neurological condition as me. The rumor was that he committed suicide in the 50's. He actually died in 2003 at age 85. This was huge for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to school work.. eeeh, I so remember those days.. Getting in the groove, is the hard part , for sure.. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete