7/1/15

Herbal arrangement


Last night I was tired. But I knew I'd be happier in the morning if I did some dishes, so I did . . . and then I cleaned the stove and sink, swept and mopped, picked up, vacuumed, and pretty much got the kitchen and living room spotless. I wasn't planning on all that when I started the dishes, but I have no regrets. Things haven't been too tidy around here since summer started.

And cut some flowers. I can't clean everything without wanting to set out flowers. My garden had two sorts to offer: black-eyed susans (seen above) and hundreds of bachelor's buttons, which look like a bunch of weeds when I bring them inside even though they're beautiful in the garden.

So I left the bachelor's buttons for the bees and cut some oregano and parsley flowers and some sage leaves instead. I like the way it turned out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I give you a lot of credit for how much you did when you were tired!!

    I like the way your flowers turned out, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful. I also cut some sunflowers and put them in my grandmother's Greek vase, but forgot to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete