6/17/15

Tiger Lily's birthday


Tiger Lily had a lovely birthday. I hate doing parties, but I promised both the older kids that they could have one this year (I must really love them).

I always feel crazy when ten excited children are hopping up and down in my house. I felt that this year's party came off pretty well, though.

I have a hard time coming up with activities, so I planned the party around dinner. Discovery 1: kids don't like toppings on their pizza. Who knew? Next time I will only get cheese pizza. Discovery 2: also, kids don't like cupcakes that much, just the frosting. Whatever. They are free to lick the frosting off and throw away the cake.

One sanity-saver of mine is planning the party for 90 minutes instead of 2 hours or longer. I know that's shorter than everyone else's parties, and I hope people don't feel cheated, but for me that's the difference between sane and crazy so I just go with it.

In any case, we had dinner and did a few simple activities (pin the tail on the leopard, operated by Red Chief; leapfrog; decorating favor bags; opening gifts; dancing and playing with balloons). It went well.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to know I'm not the only mother who dislikes birthday parties. Some people make such a HUGE deal about them, every year! Too much time and expense for the activity, especially in large families. Simple is better in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid to start parties in my home. :)

    Emma says, "Hey, is that Tiger Lily's cake? I can tell by the cheetah on top."

    ReplyDelete