6/3/15

Cleaning out the kitchen


One evening last week, on a whim, I went through all my kitchen cupboards and got rid of everything that wasn't earning its keep. Baking pans, plastic storage, small appliances: anything I don't use often enough is now gone. The amount of stuff I removed was surprising, given how often I'm in the kitchen.

It is hard to let go of some things. I love playing around in the kitchen. But if we got something for our wedding (now over ten years ago) and it's still unopened, it's time to let someone else enjoy it. The panini press that's been taking up so much space? Not worth the twice a year we use it; I can use a frying pan. The giant plastic cake and pie keepers? I use them, but not often enough to justify the large amount of space they take up. Gone.

2 comments:

  1. I did this also and freed up enough space to be able to put out the things that I really use and enjoy. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the same.

    I love your illustrations at the start of each post--how do you always have just the right one? They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete