1/26/15

Brown basmati rice

 

Saturday, we visited an international market and enjoyed some Ethiopian food, which I've always wanted to try since I attempted to make some for a school project when I was about fourteen. It was amazing.

While I was there I picked up a bag of brown basmati rice and another of teff flour. Is it sad that I geek out about different varieties of whole grains?

This morning I cooked up a triple batch of the rice for the freezer and for dinner tonight. While I was at it, I made a batch of multi-grain bread and a triple batch of stir-fry sauce to keep in the fridge for quick dinners. I also prepped the veggies that were in the fridge and did lots of dishes. Dinners shouldn't be too hard this week after my morning in the kitchen.

Thank you for sleeping, Baby.


2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!

    Do you have a recipe for the stir-fry sauce? That would be great to have in my fridge too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here it is! It is very strong. We like it, but you might want to go easy at first.

      http://be-it-ever-so-humble.blogspot.com/2008/09/stir-fry-sauce.html

      Delete