11/10/14

Accepting service


Throughout my life, I have generally preferred to be the one giving service, not the one being served. But in the past few months, and especially since Baby came, I have been the recipient of so many kind acts.

People have taken care of my kids, brought us dinner, checked up on me, passed along baby items, and so much more. These things were not done grudgingly, but were offered up freely and done so very kindly and well.

I've also received innumerable acts of service from within my family: fetching and carrying, meals made, dishes done, laundry started, baby rocked, children taken care of.

I almost don't know where to start listing the acts of kindness I've received, and I certainly know I can't finish.

Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Such a precious little one! Such sweet blessings coming your way! I hope that your day is filled with sweet pleasures and simple blessings! ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:38

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet.. I am so happy that your friends and family are stepping in to help.. This is such a blessing. Baby is so pretty... Praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete