I've done a lot to simplify my life in the last few months, but I'm taking it one more step in the next month to prepare for the new baby's arrival. Some ideas:
- Get all the library books returned and don't check out more. It's painful to think of taking a few months off from the library, but I do actually own a lot of books, so I will probably survive.
- Use the slow cooker more. I love that it allows me to prepare meals in the morning, when I have more energy.
- When cooking, make extra to freeze. This way I can fill up the freezer without having big cooking days.
- Train Red Chief and Tiger Lily to complete their responsibilities without reminders. This is obviously a huge undertaking, but tying their allowance to it does help.
- Get Red Chief used to packing his own lunch. I actually don't mind packing him a lunch—I kind of like it—but I'd like him to be able to do it when the baby comes.
- Get rid of extra toys and books. I will never have to pick them up again.