7/23/14

Too much squash


Our garden has been making tons of squash! I can hardly keep up with it. We froze my biggest pot full of chopped zucchini and summer squash, plus lots and lots of grated zucchini (I paid my kids to do the grating and they were practically fighting over who got to help).

On the same day we harvested the beets, and I cooked them and the greens to freeze too. We also picked two cucumbers and ate them for lunch (no problems keeping up with eating those so far). There is lots of chard and kale to harvest, but that will have to wait for another day. I'm exhausted!

2 comments:

  1. Me too.. I think we have been eating squash some way every day ..ha
    squash dressing, squash patties, boiled cheesy squash,etc. I too have put alot in the freezer, and it keeps coming... [Ready for it to stop.lol]
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you seen the "vegetti", a tool used to make spaghetti cuts from veggies? Squash is perfect for it. A lot of raw foodists use this and eat vegetti, but I sautee mine.

    ReplyDelete