7/29/14

Cat gets bird


One morning, I heard a bit of a commotion downstairs early. This isn't unusual: my kids wake up before me nearly every morning lately, especially Red Chief, who enjoys setting his alarm.

This commotion was a bit different, though, and soon Red Chief came up to tell me that he had accidentally let the cat in the house with a dead bird.

That woke me up pretty fast.

The story is that she wanted in, and he could see that she had a bird. He didn't mean to let her in; he was just trying to take pictures of her through the window, but he couldn't see her properly, so he opened the door to go out, and in she came.

In any case, all I have to say is that I'm glad the bird was really 100% dead. Sometimes they aren't.

Photo courtesy of Red Chief, of course.


1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh.. I can just see Red Chief , "explaining" how the cat and dead bird got in the house...

    ReplyDelete