6/23/14

Cherries


We took a little drive and picked cherries in a nearby orchard (and I'm still kicking myself for not bringing a camera: is there a more perfect photo op than kids picking cherries?).

It was so fun that we picked more than we meant to. We collected enough sour cherries for two pies and enough sweet cherries for eight meals. One of the pies was baked right away, and all other cherries were frozen the same day.

I'm quite impressed with myself for picking twelve pounds of cherries, washing and pitting them, freezing them, plus making a pie, all in one day. Starting at 2 pm (which is usually my naptime). And I'm pregnant. I don't know why, but when I've accomplished something, I add that to my mental list, and it seems like more. Because everything is harder when you're really tired.



1 comment:

  1. Wow...you have been busy... Bet the pie will be wonderful.. Nothing like a fresh cherry pie..
    Congrats on getting all that done.

    ReplyDelete