5/23/14

Recently tried recipes


Szechuan green beans. Wow, we loved these! Tiger Lily kept eating and eating them, and she's usually the one trying to hide her vegetables. I used frozen green beans and they still turned out great.

Stir-fried tomatoes and eggs. When we had dinner with some Chinese co-workers of my husband's once, they made this (and lots of other things: evidently the more dishes the better!). It's an authentic Chinese dish that you rarely see in restaurants. I stir-fried the tomatoes first with some green onions and garlic, then removed them. Then I scrambled the eggs (seasoned with soy sauce and pepper), and combined. This dish with the green beans above and some brown rice made for a lovely meatless Chinese meal that everyone loved. I can't wait to repeat it, and Red Chief has already written it on the menu for next week.

Healthy glazed pumpkin muffins. These were good, even though we skipped the glaze. I used all whole wheat flour that I ground myself.

Angel hair pasta with shrimp and asparagus. I made a small amount of this for lunch one day. I used chicken broth instead of wine. I quite liked it, after I added a lot of grated Parmesan.

Spinach and carrot soup. We loved this! I can't wait to make it again. I love to see my kids eating vegetables and asking for seconds.

Sausage and spinach pasta. I didn't expect to love this, but we all did. And that was even without the cheese! I used a box of frozen spinach instead of the fresh.

Slow cooker lazy cabbage rolls. Sadly, we didn't enjoy this as much as our favorite cabbage roll casserole, which can also be made in the slow cooker. What's more, it really smelled up the house, but I suppose I should have guessed that.


1 comment:

  1. The sausage and spinach pasta sounds good.. Will try this one.. thanks for sharing''

    ReplyDelete