4/25/14

Recently tried recipes


Honey mustard chicken chopped salad. Most of us really liked this, and the dressing was great. Instead of grilling the chicken I used pieces picked from a roast chicken from the night before. My store didn't have wonton strips so I just used croutons.

Hash brown quiche. Yum. I'm definitely making this again.

Filipino style rice noodle dish. I changed so much about this dish I'm not sure I should give it a review here, but it was just what I needed this week as it helped me use up a ton of stuff that needed to be eaten.

Greek yogurt cheesecake. I liked that I could eat a whole piece of this without feeling ill. This took me an extra hour to bake, but my mom tipped me off that it was probably because I used lower-fat cream cheese. The recipe was also missing the amount of butter for the crust. I used 1/2 cup and it worked perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. I have found that a good sub for wonton strips, which are pricey, is to cut corn tortillas in strips and toss with a bit of oil. Bake a 350 for 10 minutes and salt them. yummy!

    ReplyDelete