4/18/14

Pinterest fail: Stamped cookies


Ever since I saw this on Pinterest, I've been wanting to try it, even though I knew it would be a risk, as the blogger hadn't actually tried it, and the link with instructions was broken.

I was also suspicious because the original photo was of the unbaked cookies, not the finished product. I don't want to blame the blogger, though; she was very clear that she hadn't tried it yet.


I stamped the cookies with the bottom of a vase that had a pretty pattern. It showed up well before baking, but mostly faded after baking.

The new pepparkakor recipe I tried it with was a keeper though!

4 comments:

  1. I'd try a shortbread recipe or other recipe without baking soda so that the cookies don't rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! I might have to try that; they would be so pretty if the marking would stay.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever been to pinterestfail.com?

    ReplyDelete