3/19/14

Recently tried recipes


Cobb salad sandwich. We enjoyed this, although it ended up being a lot of work to put together, for a sandwich. I left out the blue cheese (too expensive), but I made some of my favorite Cobb salad dressing to drizzle over it.

Ranch potato casserole. Red Chief requested cheesy potatoes for dinner, so I made these. Instead of ranch dressing, I doubled the sour cream and added some ranch dressing mix. Next time I would up the sour cream to 1 1/2 cups and salt the potatoes a little more. Yum!

Chicken tortilla casserole. This was pretty good but a little dry. Plus: it was really fast to throw together.

Lawnmower tacos. We enjoyed this, especially with all the toppings. Alone it would be pretty boring. I used half meat and half lentils.

Crockpot chicken and zucchini pasta. I had high hopes for this since I need to use the zucchini from our freezer, but it turned out rather bland, even after I spiced it up a little. It also made enough for at least 12 people. It's not bad, and we'll eat it, but that's a lot of leftovers! I think a lot of people might like this, if you like mild flavors. If you make it, use a six-quart slow cooker; I used my four-quart and I had to transfer it to bigger pot to combine with the pasta.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing the recipes.. I printed out several.. I am going to do the ranch potatoes for supper tonight. sounds so good..

    ReplyDelete