11/21/13

Recently tried recipes

 

Whole wheat pita bread. This is my official new recipe. It came out perfectly. I baked it on a rack instead of a pan, as I've found from previous experience that it puffs up better that way.

Brownies. This is my official new recipe. (What! Didn't I just write that? It was a good baking week.) These are the best homemade brownies I've had that use cocoa powder instead of baking chocolate, which I don't usually keep around. I did skip the chocolate chips since they seemed like overkill to me.

Giardino burgers. I made these chickpea burgers from the Curious George website at Red Chief's request. I successfully substituted flax eggs. They sounded kind of bland so I spiced them up with onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper, and liquid smoke. They were great with homemade buns and barbecue sauce.

Popcorn balls. I've been making these for awhile, mostly whenever we happen to have a bag of marshmallows open. They're easy and fun.

Korean beef. We all liked this, and it was very easy to make. I added tomatoes on top along with the green onions. I'm sure it's not authentic, but it sounded good.

Homemade chocolate milk. This was pretty good with a little extra powdered sugar. I used powdered milk, and the chocolate masked the flavor of it very well once it was chilled. Also, I used a juice-mixing pitcher instead of the blender.

Potatoes cooked in chicken broth. Red Chief and I loved these! I will definitely make them again, even though I hate peeling potatoes.

Honey whole wheat bread. I tried this recipe even though I have a whole wheat bread recipe I love, just for a change. It was really good and light. I halved the recipe so I could mix it up in my KitchenAid.


(By the way, doesn't the picture from this old cocoa advertisement look like the cover for Longbourn? (I hated it, by the way.))

No comments:

Post a Comment