8/13/13

Recently tried recipes


Southern buttermilk biscuits. These were so good, especially hot. I made them by hand, and I froze the extras. I really appreciate the directions for freezing included in the recipe. The only change next time: reduce the salt, perhaps to 3/4 teaspoon.

Veggie Bolognese sauce. This is the best approximation of meat-based tomato sauce I have found so far. It even looks like it has meat in it. I used tons more garlic, no chili powder or cumin, and less black pepper (but I added some red pepper flakes). Next time I would soak the walnuts beforehand or let it cook a little longer; they were a bit crunchy. Oh, and I added fresh basil from the garden. Mmmm.

Key lime pie with meringue. We all loved this! I used the recipe from How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman (you can find someone else's take on the same recipe at the link).

How to freeze green beans without blanching. Not exactly a recipe, but I'm glad I came across this tip before I started in on the green beans a friend gave me. I hope they come out all right when we eat them this winter!

1 comment:

  1. My salad with that dressing was ok. Not too different than regular vinaigrette.

    ReplyDelete