6/19/13

Ant bait

We get a few ants in our dining room every spring, but I just sprinkle borax around and sweep really well for a few days and they go away.
This year they were really bad, and spread to the carpet. The borax wasn't cutting it. I tried making this homemade ant bait from borax, sugar, and water, and the ants loved it.

I can't honestly tell you whether it was this bait, the commercial ant spray, or Mr. Mordecai caulking the crack outside the house, but we did eventually get rid of the ants.

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to post about ants, but I've never gotten around to it. Our ant problem is TERRIBLE. Don't you have a cat? Does she bother the bait?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our cat doesn't care about the bait (or the ants).

      And . . . the ants just came back again. Grr. I guess we'll get started again on more of the same.

      Delete