5/20/13

Feed readers


I'm an avid user of Google Reader, so the announcement that they're discontinuing it soon pretty much shattered my internet world. How could they?

But in any case, moving on, I signed up for Feedly as recommended by Melissa Wiley. I didn't love it and went back to using Google Reader for awhile.

But July 1 is coming closer, so last week I tried out Bloglines. I'm not a huge fan. I went back to Feedly and I think that's where I'll be staying. I think it has actually gotten better in the month since I last tried it.

Do you use an RSS reader to keep up with your online reading? Which one are you using?

6 comments:

  1. I've been using Feedly. I tried Bloglovin' but didn't really "get" it. Feedly is a lot more like the Reader and it transferred all my categories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love how easy it was to switch over.

      Delete
  2. I've tried both... I'm not a fan of either. However, I've feedly to have a huge learning curve and can not seem to find an easy way to add blogs to it! Especially if it is a newer one.

    I just can't believe that Google would drop this relatively cheap service for some new flash in the pan. Given how many products they've dumped recently, I'm no longer interested in spending time with their new products - they'll probably be gone soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't add things easily to Feedly either; that's my biggest complaint about it. I like everything else better than Bloglines though, which kept getting my articles out of order.

      I'm pretty bitter about them dropping it too. It makes me worry about my dependence on them—Blogger, Gmail, I use them a lot!

      Delete
  3. I'm sad too..i love google reader. I've also switched to feedly but I will probably use reader until the very end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use my RSS feed through Outlook. So I didn't realize that this was such a big deal... Blogs are just in my email like everything else.

    ReplyDelete