4/18/13

Making lotion bars


I tried making some lotion bars along with the lip balm. I used the alternate recipe.  It was fun to play around with new ingredients, but I might try the cheaper original recipe next time. I used this mold.

The way these lotion bars work is that you rub them on your hands, and your body heat melts them just a little bit. It works really well, and the cocoa butter and coconut oil smell nice together.

These are a huge hit with the kids. They're constantly asking to use them. They are slightly less fun to use after the kids have fuzzied them up by dropping them on the floor, but scraping a bit off the outer layer with a table knife fixed that problem.

I wrapped them up in sandwich bags for storage. I wrapped them separately because I don't think it would take much for them to melt together.


2 comments:

  1. You could look for deoderannt type containers for these. They work well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is totally awesome! I'm definitely going to try this one. My hands have been super dry lately.

    ReplyDelete