3/11/13

Housework schedule: How it went last week


I'm happy to report that my first week on the new schedule went well. I was able to avoid the trap that I usually fall into with a new schedule, which is to try to do everything the first week and get burned out.

Last week I hit the highlights for each day, picking out the things that needed doing the most, because there just wasn't time to do everything. Some days I was able to complete my list, some days not. But this week when the days roll around again, the work I did last week is out of the way, and I'll be able to pick something else (i.e., now that I have finally put away the Christmas decorations that have been languishing in the guest room, I'll be able to pay attention to something else this week, like dusting).

When I start a new schedule, the second week is usually when I fail, because I just cleaned the house last week and it still looks pretty good. But today I pushed through and cleaned the bathrooms and bedrooms even though they had been done last week, and I'm glad I did.

This week I will focus on picking up some of the daily tasks I seem to have lost track of last week, like doing the dishes.

"Anyone who has gumption knows what it is, and anyone who hasn’t can never know what it is. So there is no need of defining it."    —L.M. Montgomery

1 comment:

  1. Margo, so proud your schedule is working out for you.. Mine is doing well too.. We have had alot of extra things going on this week, so not all of my list was done.. But most of it..And it sure helped keep things in order.. Love it.
    I have the same problem, as you stated you had thougt in the past. I will have cleaned really well, and when the schedule says to
    clean this or that, I will think, no.. It still looks good. But ,this week ,I have went ahead with it and cleaned again..It is so much quicker, and stays clean.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete