Warning: boring post ahead! Feel free not to read this—it's more for me than for you.
Here's my report: I'm doing well on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; not so well on Tuesdays and Fridays. Who knows why?
I didn't do as well last week as I did the first week. I finished all the laundry but didn't put it away for a few days. I didn't clean the living area at all, and although I kept the kitchen cleaner in general (yay!), I didn't do any deeper cleaning on the appointed day.
In any case, I'm not going to give up. I got off to a fantastic start yesterday, having stripped and re-made two beds before breakfast. Then I had the laundry started and the dishes done before I went to volunteer at Red Chief's school at 9:30.
I have noticed that my habits from past schedules come back to me faster. Bedroom/bathroom day has been going the best of all, and I think it's because it is one routine I've stuck to the most in the past.
Here are some of my successes from last week (it wasn't a total fail!):
- I got all the upstairs work done even though I volunteered at Red Chief's school in the morning also.
- I prepared the garden boxes for spring (lots of grass to remove!) and planted peas and radishes.
- I put away the kitchen laundry as soon as it was dry.
- I got all the linen laundry done before I went to bed on Monday.
- I kept the kitchen cleaner and I spent more time baking and preparing food ahead of time.
- Mr. Mordecai had some scouts over for a meeting one evening, and I didn't have to frantically tidy up before they came—it only took five minutes to make things look nice. Plus I made them cookies!
- I started going through our badly neglected filing cabinets, starting with broken glass from a lightbulb Red Chief broke a few years ago (I didn't realize it had broken over that open drawer!). There's still more to go, but I've gone through a pile of shredding and made a good start.
So, my goals for this week:
- Keep going with the schedule and keep my focus each day.
- Tuesdays! I'm going to work on doing better on Tuesdays.
- Work 1 hour on the filing cabinet.
- Make the kids clean their rooms on Saturdays. We didn't do it this week and I think it needs to be done. I'm going to add it to my schedule.
- Take better care of myself. Go to bed by 10:30. Eat less sugar. Eat a healthy lunch each day.