3/19/13

Continuing on the schedule


Warning: boring post ahead! Feel free not to read this—it's more for me than for you.

Here's my report: I'm doing well on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays; not so well on Tuesdays and Fridays. Who knows why?

I didn't do as well last week as I did the first week. I finished all the laundry but didn't put it away for a few days. I didn't clean the living area at all, and although I kept the kitchen cleaner in general (yay!), I didn't do any deeper cleaning on the appointed day.

In any case, I'm not going to give up. I got off to a fantastic start yesterday, having stripped and re-made two beds before breakfast. Then I had the laundry started and the dishes done before I went to volunteer at Red Chief's school at 9:30.

I have noticed that my habits from past schedules come back to me faster. Bedroom/bathroom day has been going the best of all, and I think it's because it is one routine I've stuck to the most in the past.

Here are some of my successes from last week (it wasn't a total fail!):
  • I got all the upstairs work done even though I volunteered at Red Chief's school in the morning also.
  • I prepared the garden boxes for spring (lots of grass to remove!) and planted peas and radishes.
  • I put away the kitchen laundry as soon as it was dry.
  • I got all the linen laundry done before I went to bed on Monday. 
  • I kept the kitchen cleaner and I spent more time baking and preparing food ahead of time.
  • Mr. Mordecai had some scouts over for a meeting one evening, and I didn't have to frantically tidy up before they came—it only took five minutes to make things look nice. Plus I made them cookies!
  • I started going through our badly neglected filing cabinets, starting with broken glass from a lightbulb Red Chief broke a few years ago (I didn't realize it had broken over that open drawer!). There's still more to go, but I've gone through a pile of shredding and made a good start.

So, my goals for this week:
  • Keep going with the schedule and keep my focus each day.
  • Tuesdays! I'm going to work on doing better on Tuesdays. 
  • Work 1 hour on the filing cabinet.
  • Make the kids clean their rooms on Saturdays. We didn't do it this week and I think it needs to be done. I'm going to add it to my schedule.
  • Take better care of myself. Go to bed by 10:30. Eat less sugar. Eat a healthy lunch each day.

1 comment:

  1. I am very proud of you, I think you did an excellent job with your schedule.. It all didn't get done..but you said in the beginning, you couldn't do everything on the list..So yea...you accomplished alot, and it kept the house more orderly..
    Confession from me... My Tues and Fridays slacked last week too.. Not sure why? Lots of different things came up.. But, like you, I could tell, I kept things more orderly.
    This week is off to a good start.. however, I am making Easter dresses for the 4 grandaughters, so I have alot of sewing time to fill in this week and next.. I will leave off the extra cleaning [such as cleaning out cabinets,closets,etc.
    Thank you for encouraging me with your blog.. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete