2/4/13

January book report


Updates in bold.

  • Read the Ensign cover to cover each month.
    • January: yes
  • Read the Friend to my children each month.
    • January: yes (but not all of it)
  • Read the Book of Mormon in French.
    • Started!
  • Read two classics I haven't read before. 
  • Re-read three classics I've read before.
  • Read some of the unread books in my personal library.
    • What Katy Did, What Katy Did at School, and What Katy Did Next by Susan Coolidge
  • Read some of the books that have been on my to-read list for a long time.
    • What Katy Did by Susan Coolidge
    • Diary of a Provincial Lady by E.M. Delafield
  • Read something by D.E. Stevenson.
    • Rochester's Wife
  • Read something by Carol Ryrie Brink.
    • Anything Can Happen on the River
  • Read something by Enid Blyton.
  • Read something about food storage.
    • Country Beans by Rita Bingham
  • Read something about family history.
  • Read something about science.
  • Read a book about fairy tales.
  • Read new books that come out this year that interest me. (I will cross these off as I read them.)
    • My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor (January 15)
    • Asunder by Jodi Meadows (January 29)
    • Hattie Ever After by Kirby Larson (February 12)
    • Sever by Lauren DeStefano (February 12)
    • Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and the Race Against Time by Frank Cottrell Boyce (March 12)
    • Story's End by Marissa Burt (April 2)
    • Heir of Wildwood by Colin Meloy (August 1)
    • The Illuminated Adventures of Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo (September 26)

Number of books read so far this year: 15

3 comments:

  1. Leisure reading is out of the question for me this semester. My religious studies class alone has 6 books, and I have 5 other classes. I have not read my book of Mormon yet, but I did see the movie from Netflix. Annalise liked it, and ran to me at the end and exclaimed, "Mommy, his brothers are Indians!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in college I didn't get much leisure reading done either . . . but after I graduated I kind of went crazy with it because I had missed it so much!

      Delete
  2. You have accomplished alot in your reading .. SO fun and don't you learn alot.. enjoy

    ReplyDelete