2/12/13

Chocolate chip cookies with white beans


I have been wanting to try making chocolate chip cookies with white beans for food storage purposes. I have found two sorts of recipes: those that replace part of the butter with white beans, and those that replace the eggs with white beans. I went ahead and tried the eggless ones. Bonus: you can eat the cookie dough guilt-free!

I used this recipe (via this pin).

I actually had to make these twice since we loved them so much! Both time I used 1 cup chocolate chips and about 1/2 cup walnuts. The second time I tried using white whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour, and it came out just fine (there is a bit of a whole-wheaty taste, but my family and I are used to that).

The only things I had to do differently were to add a bit of water the second time to help the dough hold together, and both times I had to squish the cookies down after they came out of the oven because they didn't collapse on their own.

All in all, these cookies turned out well and I'd highly recommend them.


3 comments:

  1. I saved this recipe..I am definitely going to try it tonight.. They will be alot more healthy.THank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this! After I can some more white beans that is...

    ReplyDelete