1/10/13

Water in the air


This week, I got fed up with the cold, dry air. We are all getting cracked lips and dry skin, and I'm thirsty all the time.

We have humidifiers, but it seems to take a long time for them to go through a tank of water, plus they always need cleaning and filter-changing and such.

I started keeping my big cast-iron pot on the stove full of boiling water whenever I'm home. I'm guessing I'm getting through close to a gallon of water per hour.

So with the pot of water downstairs and the humidifiers upstairs, and focusing on drinking more water, I'm hoping that we'll be able to ride out this dry spell.

3 comments:

  1. We have a lot of rain and humidity, but our skin is wicked dry. I don't know how that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and so easy! I need to do the same!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete