1/9/13

Recently tried recipes


Yogurt biscuits. A quick, simple, healthy way to make biscuits. I used white whole wheat flour. They're certainly not the same as regular biscuits made with shortening, but we still liked them and ate them all.

White fruit cake. This recipe produced a respectable fruit cake. I scaled it down to 1/3 to make just one loaf. I let it sit for a week, then cut a slice. I ate it and remembered why no one likes fruitcake. I think I'm good for another three years . . . now what do I do with the rest of the thing?

Pumpkin stuffed with everything good. We had this for Christmas dinner. I used sausage instead of bacon. My husband and I loved it; the kids weren't so enthusiastic. If I make it again, I will give the garlic a partial cooking first, as it was still a bit raw inside even after the pumpkin was baked.

Raspberry pie. I made this for Christmas. I used about a bag and a half of frozen raspberries, and I used 2 tablespoons tapioca flour instead of the tapioca. It came out perfectly.

Cranberry cobbler. This felt more like a heavy, rustic cake than a cobbler, but we liked it!

Ramen noodle upgrade. Fast, easy, and pantry-friendly. I like it much better than plain ramen noodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment