I've been wanting to make these teacup candles, since I had some wax saved from old candles. I bought wicks, and after the thrift store failed me once, I scored some pretty teacups for 50¢ apiece on the second try.
I didn't bother to read the tutorial; I just went ahead and did it. It worked fine, although I see now that if I had read the instructions first, I could have gotten my candles to turn out a little more level on top. Oh well!
I'm happy with the way the candles turned out, and I'll be giving them as Christmas gifts soon. I had enough wax left over to make an extra candle in a jar, which I'll add to my preparedness stash.