11/9/12

Scraping out pumpkin seeds


I can't remember where I read this, but I recently read that the flat lid from a home canning jar works well for scraping the seeds and gunk from the inside of a pumpkin.

And it does work.

By the way, have you noticed that some people are fine with touching a pumpkin's innards, and other people seem to be made almost sick by it? Luckily for me, I'm from the first group. But I'm sure that this lid trick would help a little if you're from the second group.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I wish I had some pumpkins to scrape! I'm almost out of pumpkin puree. I would never have thought to use a canning lid. I'd guess that those hard plastic pan scraper would work well too. I use a melon baller tool. It has a nice sharp edge to it and a good handle to hold on to. Never made a melon ball in my life, but it's good for pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic idea.. love when a tip is something we have on hand, and don't have to purchase.. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete