10/2/12

Using up some pumpkin


We're eating our way through the freezers, both of them. Who knows how old some of that stuff is? And I want to defrost the freezer in the garage.

In any case, I have a bunch of frozen pumpkin left from last year. Here are some recipes I want to make/have made before/am currently making, with the quantities of pumpkin they call for.
Now that I have this list, I don't think using up the last few bags of pumpkin will be a problem.

What is your favorite pumpkin recipe?

7 comments:

  1. I've been using up my pumpkin too! We've had something pumpkin-y almost every day. One of our favorite ways to use up 2 cups of pumpkin quickly is to blend it with apple juice, pineapple juice, and a bit of cinnamon to make Harry Potter Pumpkin Juice. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a pumpkin roll last night! My recipe used 2/3 c of pumpkin too. I freeze pumpkin in the amounts I generally use in recipes and have no problem getting it used either. I love pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cook pumpkin just so I can make pumpkin muffins with it. With some chocolate chips in them. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you really freeze it that long? I tried to make pumpkin pie with our pumpkins last year and it was a huge epic fail. The picture of the pumpkin pie was pretty, but it tasted like nasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I roasted our pumpkins in the oven, then put the flesh through a food mill. It has worked great, and it still tastes just fine after a year. I do think mine is slightly waterier than canned, and not quite as dark in color.

      Delete
  5. I love pumpkin bread.. and I also make a pumpkin log roll ..so tasty..
    Love all the colors of fall..and pumpkins are beautiful and tasty..
    Enjoy your pumpkin dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove pumpkin curry, but it used chunks, not puree. Mmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete