10/9/12

Inventory

The clipboard makes it official, right?

I decided that I'd better get back to working on my food storage plan. The plan goes something like this: I write up food storage–friendly menus for each meal (and snacks), then chart the ingredients and amounts I need, then acquire the ingredients for three months' worth of meals. Once that goal is met, I can expand to six months and then to a year. Then I will work on acquiring items packaged for long-term storage. I guess our 72-hour kits should be in there somewhere, too.

I fizzled out somewhere around lunch, and I really need to get back with the plan. I'm better at using food storage than I am at keeping it in stock.

I attended an inspiring food storage class last week at church, and it gave me the inspiration I needed to get going again. I also bought 36 pounds of pears and a canner last week (in that order). Gulp.

So my goal for now is to make sure I have three months' worth of ingredients for breakfast and lunch, and to create my dinner and snack plans. Also to can those pears.

My silly helper

2 comments:

  1. I've got some pears to can too, provided they ever get ripe! I'm so not on top of things when it comes to organizing and keeping track of my food storage. I usually go, "Eek! We're out of farina!" Then I go buy a 50# bag so I won't run out for 2 years! ( : Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable blog! New Follower, you had me at the name... just finished reading Ester.
    Blessings,
    Jen @ www.frazzled5.com

    ReplyDelete