Yesterday I cleaned hairspray off the computer with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol). Here are some other things I have used it for.
- Rubbing alcohol will clean hairspray off surfaces.
- Rubbing alcohol makes a great window/glass cleaner, either straight up or in this recipe.
- Rubbing alcohol will take ink and permanent marker off of surfaces (use plenty of elbow grease!) and out of cloth (saturate before laundering). I have used rubbing alcohol to take ink from a leaky pen off the outside of our car (thank you, Red Chief). It took a lot of work on my part, but it did eventually come clean.
- Rubbing alcohol will often take mystery marks off the wall—but watch out, it removes paint too, or can take off the gloss. Don't rub too hard.
- Rubbing alcohol will take many kinds of paint off (like the streaks that get on the side of the vacuum, or the splatter from your last project).
- Rubbing alcohol is great for cleaning electronics because it evaporates quickly. You can use it on a q-tip to get into crevices.
- Rubbing alcohol kills germs (source), and is useful in both cleaning and first aid.
Do you use rubbing alcohol for cleaning?