9/13/12

Top ten meatless recipes


Since we went mostly meatless several months ago, I have enjoyed trying new meatless recipes. But guess what? Most of our current favorites are old standbys, not recent discoveries.

In any case, if you've ever thought of going meatless—for a meal, for a week, or for longer, here are some of our favorite recipes to get you started.

And if you have any favorite meatless recipes, I'd love it if you'd share recipes or links to recipes in the comments. We're always looking for new things to try.
  1. Meatless nachos
  2. Crustless spinach quiche
  3. Tomato-avocado-mozzarella salad
  4. Lemony split pea soup
  5. Mediterranean couscous and lentils
  6. Fettuccine with Brussels sprouts
  7. Southwest layered salad
  8. Falafel
  9. Baked eggs, spinach, and tomatoes
  10. Garlicky white beans and broth

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful recommendations - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to look into some of those. I really want to find more meatless main dishes I can get anyone to eat! I do try to use really minimal amounts of meat- like 1/2 a lb. for the whole family, but I'd still rather that was only a day or two a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tried a yummy meatless stew. This recipe was in the September 2011 issue of Everyday Food. My meat eating husband loved it and had several helpings. I doubled the recipe and froze half of it for later. :)

    http://www.marthastewart.com/851873/hearty-vegetable-stew

    ReplyDelete