7/31/12

Forty-five seconds


Guess how long it takes me to get out a pitcher, fill it with ice cubes and water, and refill the ice cube tray? Forty-five seconds. I know because that's how long was left on my kitchen timer when I started, and I didn't think I could finish in time. Turns out I did, and I wasn't even rushing, just working efficiently.

I think I'm less likely to procrastinate filling the ice cube trays now that I know it takes less than ten seconds.

Timing things can be eye-opening, and make you feel silly about all the times you didn't refill the ice cube tray right way, and then it sat out on the counter and got dirty and you had to run it through the dishwasher, and then you still had to refill it with water and put it back in the freezer.

Not that I would ever do that. Ahem.

2 comments:

  1. I love timing things! I think I must channel Frank Gilbreth of Cheaper By the Dozen. A man who would time himself to see if it was faster to button up his vest from the top down or the bottom up is my kinda guy. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree, When I get down on the everyday house chores.. I will time a task and find that it is much quicker , than I thought. Most my time doing chores was "wasted time".. I have found if I organize my chores ,they are not that bad at all.ha
    The chores I dislike the most to do... I set the timer and it seems they are not bad at all.
    Thankyou for sharing.

    ReplyDelete