6/15/12

Recently tried recipes and experiments from Pinterest

 
  • Toothpick and grape sculptures. I made cubes from cherries and toothpicks using this idea for the kids' lunch. They liked it. Grapes would definitely be less messy, but cherries are what we had.
  • Hot dog and spaghetti squid. Popular with the kids.
  • Waffle iron hash browns. I used two medium potatoes, a bit of onion powder, and salt and pepper. The two potatoes made four "waffles." I was worried they would stick, but they didn't at all.
  • Pineapple upside-down pancakes. I used this idea with my own pancake recipe, and of course I added a cherry in the middle. They were fun, but the batter didn't cook well under the pineapple ring. They were also very hard to flip. Perhaps I could do better with some practice. When the pancakes were done, I sprinkled some brown sugar over the pineapple side and flipped it over to melt it. Yum.
  • Dishwasher soap. This has you use 1 teaspoon of oxygen bleach and 1/2 teaspoon of liquid dish soap in the soap compartment, then 1/2 cup white vinegar in a cup in the top rack. I've done this three times now and it has actually worked each time, better than my homemade dishwasher detergent (which works about 4 out of 5 times). I need to do a cost comparison still, but I'm glad it works. However, I already use a ton of vinegar and this would have me going through an extra cup a day. Am I going to have to start buying it four gallons a time like milk?
  • Peanut butter cookie in a cup. I have the funny feeling I already blogged about this, but I can't find it. Anyway, this is lots of fun and Red Chief especially likes it.
  • Cheesy baked pasta with roasted red pepper sauce and eggplant. We all loved this, and I'm happy to have another eggplant recipe in my repertoire.
  • How to cut up a watermelon. Much easier than how I did it before, although my watermelon was so big I had to do it half at a time.
You can find me on Pinterest here.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to get on Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent you an invitation by email. I found Pinterest confusing at first, then somewhat addicting. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks! I got that email and set up a page but have no ideas yet. I have a lot of ideas, actually, but not getting the chance to put them all up yet. Thx again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the waffle hash browns and the technique for cutting up watermelon. I'm going to have to try those two out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete