4/15/12

Transition to motherhood



This is Sister Julie B. Beck. I love what she says about taking the skills we've learned at the workplace (and elsewhere) and looking at how you can use them at home. "Do you carry the same amount of discipline in your home as you had as a professional?" Something for me to think about.

I often think to myself that since I was a good student, I can figure out how to be a good mother and homemaker too. I think self-discipline is the hardest part of this for me. It's hard for me to get things done when there is no deadline, but I've got to get past that.

2 comments:

  1. What a great movie clip. I've been struggling to figure out how to advance in my career and starting a family and how those two will fit together. It's good to know that if some day I decide to leave my job, all my valuable skills learned on the job can be applied to the home and parenting. Thank you for posting this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete