4/3/12

Recently tried recipes

  • Red berry celery smoothie. The kids and I liked this, but Mr. Mordecai not so much. You could definitely taste the celery.
  • Falafel. This was so good. I used cilantro instead of mint. The first time I made this, the patties totally fell apart in the oil. The second time I added about 1/4 cup flour and they held together much better.
  • Buttermilk brownies. Definitely worth making, although I would call it more of a chocolate cake.
  • Raw cookie dough bites. A yummy, guilt-free snack. I will definitely make these again; I just wish nuts weren't so expensive. I used honey instead of agave nectar.
  • Turtle bar bites. Yum. Even though I baked them about 10 minutes too long.
  • Sweet potato veggie burgers. These tasted pretty good, especially with the toppings, but they squished out of our buns like mashed potatoes when we tried to eat them.

1 comment:

  1. I was actually going to ask if you'd used agave nectar for the cookie dough bites. I've been planning on trying them myself (with honey) so I'm glad to hear that they worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete