4/5/12

2012 reading progress


I might have been overly ambitious when I set my reading goals for this year. I haven't read nearly as much as usual the past few months—I've been busy, which is good. But here's where I am:
  • Read two abridged classics
    • Favorite Greek Myths by Mary Pope Osborne
  • Read two science books
  • Read three classics I haven't read before
    • The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
  • Read a book about grammar or the English language
  • Read a book about literature
    • The Trials and Tribulations of Little Red Riding Hood by Jack Zipes
  • Read a book by C.S. Lewis
  • Read two books about parenting/kids
  • Read two books about Suzuki violin
  • Read something by Enid Blyton
    • The Malory Towers series
  • Read five books that I own that I haven't read before
    • The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
    • My Name is Sus5an Smith. The 5 is Silent. by Louise Plummer
  • Read two church books
    • The Remarkable Soul of a Woman by Dieter F. Uchtdorf
  • Read two homemaking books
  • Books that come out this year
    • Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
    • Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
    • Fever by Lauren DeStefano
I've liked some of these books more than others, but I haven't absolutely loved any of the books on my list so far this year. Have you read and loved anything lately?

4 comments:

  1. Les Miserables and Keeper of the Bees. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are both books I want to read! I guess I should move them up on my list. :)

      Delete
  2. I love Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt. It was written for younger readers but it was so interesting and uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Janelle. I love children's/teen books. I'm adding it to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete