We're still eating mostly meatless, and I've dropped off the Bountiful Baskets bandwagon. I loved it, but since I have a smaller repertoire of meatless recipes, I'm skipping the baskets until I get more used to cooking without meat. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would!
Meanwhile, I'm loving exploring all the different cooking possibilities open to me. I also love feeling good about what I serve—our dinners have gotten much healthier!
Here's our menu for the next two weeks. I will be trying out three new recipes.
- Sweet potato veggie burgers (new)
- Falafel (this turned out very crumbly last week, but it was so good I have to make it again) with homemade pita bread
- Baked eggs, spinach and tomatoes; no-knead bread
- Broccoli-tofu stir-fry and brown rice
- Crustless spinach quiche, pumpkin butter muffins
- Spaghetti, garlic bread, April Fool's "juice" (this is not vegetarian, as it contains gelatin), chicken nugget "popsicles"
- Mediterranean couscous and lentils
- Sushi bowl
- Tofu tacos, Mexican brown rice (new)
- Smashed chickpea and avocado sandwiches (new), celery soup
- Lentil curry
- Chili spaghetti