- Beef and broccoli—We love, love, love this recipe. It is so good. You should make it. Tonight.
- Nutella cookies—Tiger Lily got into the Nutella and it just wasn't the same afterward, so I used the rest to make these cookies (I didn't sandwich them). Warning: highly addictive.
- Eggplant and roasted pepper pitas—These may look boring and bland, but I'm here to tell you that they are fabulous. I'm not a huge fan of eggplant, but this was a great way to use up the one from our bountiful basket. They were kind of a lot of work, though, between frying up the chicken and roasting the eggplant and everything.
- Brussels sprouts in mustard sauce—We've actually been making these since we were first married. They're so yummy.
- Chinese chicken corn soup—A new staple in our house (with the addition of a bit of soy sauce and vinegar), and a great way to use up those cans of creamed corn you accidentally bought. Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this.
- Corn chowder—we were underwhelmed with this recipe, but it was still pretty good. Does anyone have a fabulous corn chowder recipe?
- Potato clam chowder—I love this, but no one else in the family will touch it. I plan to continue making it for myself, though. I like that it's not super clammy.
- Austrian cream cookies—I made these from my new cookbook from Christmas, but I found a link to the recipe. These were very nice—I made a glaze from a thawed frozen strawberry, powdered sugar, and milk. They're cute too!
- Chili macaroni soup—From another cookbook I got for Christmas. It didn't really appeal to me, but I made it for the kids and we all ended up liking it well enough.
Recently tried recipes