12/26/11

The Money Saving Mom's Budget




The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine is an easy and quick read, and chock-full of ideas for saving money. We start with the basics: budgeting, getting out of debt, saving money on everyday necessities.

I really like that Mrs. Paine focuses on goal-setting. Although I'm pretty frugal overall, I think that setting goals would get me a lot father—goals give you something to work toward.

I couldn't help comparing this book to Dave Ramsey's The Total Money Makeover: they both advocate getting out of debt, not getting into debt in the first place, and living frugally and within your means. What I like so much about The Money Saving Mom's Budget is that Mrs. Paine goes more into the nitty-gritty of making it happen: it's one thing to say you're going to spend less on your grocery bill; it's another thing to actually do it, and it's not as simple as it sounds. Crystal takes you through this step by step, as well as offering lots of other ways to save (or make) extra money.

I'm a pretty frugal person, but I love that this book still gave me a lot to think about and lots of ideas to try. Now to get moving!

Crystal Paine blogs at Money Saving Mom.

I received a review copy of this book in exchange for my review.

1 comment: