A little dress
Yesterday I got a sewing itch and I made this little dress for Tiger Lily. I followed the Junebug tutorial by Craftiness Is Not Optional. I used this video to learn how to make buttonholes sans attachment.
This was my first time doing sleeves, making buttonholes, and drafting a pattern. I still can't believe how cute it turned out and that it actually fits her! And I can't believe that I can make buttonholes—I have passed up so many projects because I didn't think I could do them.
I used a thrifted sheet for the dress, but lest you think I got out of this cheap, I paid over five dollars for the buttons and almost three for thread to match them. Ugh. Still cheaper than a new dress, though! Tiger Lily is growing out of all her dresses, so I hope I can get a few more done before I lose my sewing itch.